Gino (R) can get you there
This is the age of the rear-end. The butt has trumped the boob in the quest for perfection for many people, thank Jennifer Lopez, the Kardashian tribe and the fact that South American and African American taste in body style is the tail wagging the American dog.
And despite HBO’s comedy Eastbound & Down’s Kenny Powers who said this “war” between the two female assets was like a “Muslim-Jewish” thing, it seems quite clear that these days the butt is winning.
Now don’t doubt that people go too far. If you read Vice’s excellent summary of “Buttloads of Pain.” they interview the best Board certified doctor in the world for gluteal sculpting, Dr. Constantino Mendieta of Miami, Florida, about the horrendous revisionary surgeries he performs alongside his perfectly sculpted bodies. The array of toxic things people inject into their bums for that fuller shape is quite frightening.
But Dr. Mendieta is all about proportion and good taste, noting the perfect “A” shaped waist-to-butt look is the esthetic ideal, and that your own body fat makes the best filler for this region of the body, and it takes well to this fat grafting technique. Loads of famous people have come to him to get their excess abdominal fat rearranged to their bottoms to look amazing and natural. Dr. Mendieta wrote the “bible” of sorts for other plastic surgeons to refer to with his book “The Art of Gluteal Sculpting.”
Not all of us have that kind of discretionary income and must shape and tone the best we can with exercise. The #selfie photo has now birthed something called the #belfie, and we spoke to fitness trainer Gino Caccavale on how to kick your butt into gear and get the celeb derriere people want these days.
There is no denying that ‘selfies’ are the spawn of the smart phone age, but the new wave of showing off you’re svelte from behind is by taking a #belfie.
We have all become more conscious of how we all look from behind. As summer approaches, and you start to rev up those squats, we all want the bodacious backside. From Kim Kardashian, Gisele Bundchen, Iggy Azalea or the one who started its all, Jennifer Lopez, how does one exactly get that hourglass shape if a trip to Miami to see Dr. Mendieta is out of reach?
Gino Caccavale, celebrity trainer having worked with hot bods from Carmen Electra to Jenny McCarthy, knows a secret or two to kick your butt in ‘high’ gear.
Caccavale is a former Police Academy drill instructor, Corrections Officer and Bounty Hunter with more than 25 years of fitness industry experience. At nearly 50 years old he has amassed countless awards as a competitive bodybuilder and physique competitor, including the Mr. Connecticut title, and is a featured writer and technical consultant for Muscle and Fitness.
His passion is to share his knowledge and experience to transform bodies and help others feel fit and live strong and happy lives. He created Rezist to fill a void in the industry: a workout that combines cardiovascular exercise and resistance training to help you achieve your fitness goals in just 35 minutes from start to finish.
Gino’s 5 Best “Belfie ” Moves To Get In Shape
SIDE KICK OUTS
- Start by standing on your right leg approximately 12 in away and facing a fixed barbell or any counter located at hip height.
- Place both you hands together to the far right of barbell or counter and lift your left knee just above bar height coiling it inward toward left elbow.
- Extend your left leg laterally as if performing a martial art ” side kick”, keeping it parallel to floor and in line with barbell or counter
- Re-coil your knee back to left your left elbow.
- Perform 2 sets of 30 kicks each leg.
- Works your thighs and glutes
BARBELL GLUTE BRIDGE ( can be done without barbell)
- Start by lying on floor with your knees at 90 degrees
- Hold a barbell across front of your hip, just below your waistline
- Pulse your hips upward until your back and hips are in line, keeping balls of feet elevated.
- Slowly lower your hips without having glutes contact the floor
- Perform 3 sets of 20 repetitions.
- Works your glutes and core.
TICK TOK SQUAT ( can be done without band)
- Start by standing on an exercise band with feet hip width and holding handles at shoulders.
- Squat down until thighs are parallel to floor.
- Raise from squat and simultaneously lift your right leg to the side, keeping it straight.
- Return to squat and then repeat for left leg
- Perform 2 sets 15 lifts each side which is 30 squats
- Works your abductors, glutes, and thighs
KETTLE BELL CROSS BACK LUNGE (can be done w/o kettlebell)
- Start by holding a single kettle bell in front of your body with arms extended and your feet hip width.
- Cross and lunge your left leg to the rear and slightly to the right , dropping your knee about 8 inches behind and inline with right knee.
- The kettle bell should be directly over shoe laces, keeping your arms extended.
- Return to start position and immediately cross back your right leg.
- Works your thighs, hips, glutes, core.
PRONE GLUTE LIFT
- Start by lying on bench , face down, with your waist positioned at back edge of the bench
- Have your legs extended in a “v” position with your feet approximately 6 inches from the floor.
- Lift both your legs upward as one unit, squeezing glutes until lower abdomen is slightly elevated from bench.
- Perform 2 sets of 25 repetitions.
- Works your glutes
Bonus Protein Packed Body Shaping recipes:
Breakfast Power Pocket
1/2 cup of egg whites
1 whole egg (buy eggs with omega 3′s)
1/4 cup of quick oats
Vanilla protein powder to sweeten
¼ cup Blueberries or any berry
In a small skillet pour the egg whites and whole egg in first, then evenly pour the 1/4 cup of oats on top. Use cinnamon as you prefer and sprinkle vanilla protein powder in for sweetness. Next add the blueberries around in an even fashion. Cook until the eggs start to congeal a bit and then fold in half like an omelet. Press down on it with the spatula to make sure the yolk breaks and cooks evenly. Then I flip it again so it cooks evenly on both sides
Mocha Almond Smoothie
5 ice cubes
A scoop of chocolate protein powder
1 tsp of instant coffee (decaf at night)
1 tbsp of crunchy almond butter
Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until thickness is desired. For a thicker shake use more ice. For extra immune support and a calmer GI tract add a teaspoon of glutamine powder unflavored.