1. Recognize the social injustice. Don’t deny its existence simply because you haven’t experienced it directly. If there is a situation whose outcome would have different simply by changing the victim’s skin color and nothing else, that evidence of a major problem.
2. Educate yourself. Seek to listen to others who have been harmed, seek to learn about matters that may be foreign to you, things you may never even have thought of, then take action.
3. Morality is not doing what is wrong. If you’re not racist, that’s great! You’re not participating in evil acts. But it’s not enough.
4. Develop character: not only should you avoid doing what is wrong, you should actively do what is right. Speak up, speak out against evil.
5. Each step requires courage. Each step takes you out of your comfort zone. Each step demands that you overcome fear: fear of what your family might say, what your friends may do, and what others may think. Real lives hang in the balance.
Read the full story here: