We’ve seen a lot of Kim this week
There’s not butts about it: Kim Kardashian completely dominated the internet this week.
Whether you love her or loathe her, there was no way to ignore her provocative Paper magazine cover.
Naturally, there’s going to be women across the globe who want a butt worthy of Kim’s, but a word of caution: If you’re going to boost up your booty, do it the right way, not the wrong way.
Dr. Constantino Mendieta, a board-certified plastic surgeon in Miami, knows how you can copy her look, but here are some things he wants you to know before you start your search:
- ALWAYS go to a board-certified plastic surgeon. Yes, it will cost more, but the result could save your life. Back-alley butt injections are not only illegal, they are also notorious for using less than medical grade materials to give you that plump booty (rubber cement and caulking are two popular substitutes). Even medical grade silicone is illegal to inject into your body and can spread to other parts due to its unpredictability–causing life-threatening situations.
- Know what type of procedure is best for you. Dr. Mendieta is known for his Brazilian Butt Lifts using fat transfer (think getting a smaller waist while getting a bigger backside). This gives you the most natural look and is virtually scar free. Plus, it is your own fat, so your body doesn’t have any foreign substances to reject. The other popular technique is implants–which, when done accurately, will not flip around like that horrifying YouTube video shows. Whatever you do, just say no to injections of anything other than your own fat.
- Find a doctor who customizes each procedure to his patients. Even if you and your friend want the same procedure, you don’t have identical bodies, so you aren’t going to have identical surgeries. Your body shape should dictate the method used to create your perfect booty. Look for a doctor willing to take the time to create the best booty, not just crank out the same procedure over and over again.
- Making your waist smaller will automatically make your booty look bigger–so you don’t need to have a grotesquely large backside. Look into procedures such as fat transfer or fat grafting. Dr. Mendieta often sends his patients to “Booty Boot Camp” so they have a little extra fat for him to add to the booty and shave off the waist. The end result will be a slimmer waist that naturally connects to a voluptuous butt.
- You don’t get a bigger booty overnight. Any butt augmentation done properly should take a couple months of healing. Plus, if you opt for fat grafting, some of the fat may be absorbed back into other parts of your body so you won’t see the end results for a little while. That doesn’t mean that it won’t settle properly and be uneven–or go away completely–but it does mean that patience is required to get your perfect booty. Anything that promises overnight results should be taken with a grain of salt and probably passed by.
As to whether Kim, 34, has gone under the knife, Dr. Mendieta said: “The problem with Kim is that, in some photos, she looks like she’s not had work done, and in others it looks like she may have. If these new photos were not photoshopped, which I think they were, then it looks as if she did have some work done.”
And Dr. John Zannis, a board-certified plastic surgeon and head of the Zannis Center for Plastic Surgery, adds: ”A butt like this is possible…with surgery. Many butts of Kim’s proportion contain silicone buttock implants. However, it is possible to obtain the same result with one or more Brazilian Butt Lifts.”